High Fire Danger Forces Restrictions
Updated On: Jan 13 2014 08:10:39 PM CST
Due to extremely dry vegetation and an increasing fire danger, Los Padres National Forest officials announced Monday that Level III fire restrictions will go into effect Tuesday.
The following restrictions will be rigorously enforced until this Forest Order expires:
* Wood and charcoal fires are prohibited in all areas of Los Padres National Forest except for designated campfire use sites; however, persons with a valid California campfire permit are allowed to use portable stoves and lanterns using gas, jellied petroleum or pressurized liquid fuel outside of designated campfire use sites.
* You must clear all flammable material for a distance of 10 feet in all directions from your camp stove, have a shovel available and ensure that a responsible person attends the stove at all times when it is in use.
* Recreational target shooting is prohibited in all areas of the National Forest unless specifically authorized by a special use permit with the Forest.
* Hunting with a valid state of California hunting license during open hunting season is exempt from this restriction.
* Smoking is prohibited in all areas of the national forest except within an enclosed vehicle, building, or designated campfire use site.
* Operating or using any internal or external combustion engine without a spark arresting device properly installed, maintained and in effective working order on roads and trails specifically designated for such use. (This restriction is in effect year-round.)
Copyright © 2014, KION. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.