Community Foundation of Monterey Co. announced neighborhood grants recipients
The Community Foundation for Monterey County has announced the recipients of the 2014 Neighborhood Grants Program, which is aimed at supporting local residents who comes together to improve their communities for themselves and their neighbors.
Twenty grassroots groups from throughout Monterey County were selected to receive financial support and additional assistance to organize ongoing activities in their respective communities. They'll be presented with the grants on Saturday, July 26 at the Community Foundation's 17th Annual Awards Ceremony in Salinas.
The following groups will be awarded this year's grants:
- Castroville Midnighters Car Club
- Castroville Teen Leadership Council
- Oceloyotl Essence of the Jaguar
- Transition Aromas
- King City Dance Team
- Movimiento Culturla de la Union Indigena
- Padres de Ninos Especiales del Sur del Condado
- Valley of Artists
- Cesar Chavez Futbol Club
- Comité de Acosta Plaza
- Fiesta Familiar de la Costa Central
- Noche Bohemia
- Santa Rita and Bolsa Knolls Watershed Group
- Tonatiuh Danzantes del Quinto Sol
- White Hawk Indian Council for Children
- Monterey Bay Lion Dance Team
- Monterey Peninsula NAACP Youth Council
Copyright © 2014, KION. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.